Welcome to the main page for the third community-based Signal Separation Evaluation Campaign (SiSEC 2011).
SiSEC aims to be a large-scale regular campaign building upon the experience of previous evaluation campaigns (SiSEC2008, SiSEC2010) and first community-based Signal Separation Evaluation Campaign (SASSEC). The unique aspect of this campaign is that it is not a competition but a scientific evaluation from which we can draw rigorous scientific conclusions.
Reference papersThe results of this and previous evaluation campaigns are summarized in the following reference papers
- S. Araki, F. Nesta, E. Vincent, Z. Koldovsky, G. Nolte, A. Ziehe and A. Benichoux, The 2011 Signal Separation Evaluation Campaign (SiSEC2011): - Audio source separation -, in Proc. Int. Conf. on Latent Variable Analysis and Signal Separation, pp. 414-422, 2012.
- G. Nolte, D. Lutter, A. Ziehe, F. Nesta, E. Vincent, Z. Koldovsky, A. Benichoux and S. Araki, The 2011 Signal Separation Evaluation Campaign (SiSEC2011): - Biomedical data analysis -, in Proc. Int. Conf. on Latent Variable Analysis and Signal Separation, pp. 423-429, 2012.
- E. Vincent, S. Araki, F.J. Theis, G. Nolte, P. Bofill, H. Sawada, A. Ozerov, B.V. Gowreesunker, D. Lutter and N.Q.K. Duong, The Signal Separation Evaluation Campaign (2007-2010): Achievements and remaining challenges, Signal Processing, 92, pp. 1928-1936, 2012.
Datasets, evaluation procedures and results
Mailing listInterested individuals are encouraged to join the SiSEC mailing list at https://listes.irisa.fr/sympa/info/sisec .
Announcements (including on the revision to the datasets, reference software, submission information, etc.) and discussions related to the SiSEC2011 will be provided through the SiSEC mailing list.
- Beginning of April 2011: Call for participation to SiSEC2011, and open the discussion about the definition of datasets, tasks and evaluation criteria
- May 2, 2011: Deadline for discussion and call for detailed task specifications and datasets
- June, 2011: Detailed task specification and dataset collection deadline
- July, 2011: Call for submission of separation results
- October 30, 2011: Extended LVA/ICA2012 paper submission deadline
- :October 31, 2011: Final Separation Campaign entrance deadline
- red:December 16, 2011: Publication of the SiSEC 2011 results (on the web)
- December 30, 2011: LVA/ICA2012 camera ready submission deadline
- January 15, 2012: Deadline of abstracts for demo-session at LVA/ICA2012. Details
- March 12-15, 2012: LVA/ICA2012
SiSEC 2011 Evaluation Organizing Committee
- Shoko Araki (NTT CS Labs.)- CoChair? + audio evaluation;
- Francesco Nesta (FBK)- CoChair? + audio evaluation;
- Guido Nolte (Fraunhofer Institute FIRST)- CoChair? + biomedical evaluation;
- Emmanuel Vincent (INRIA) - member + "SiSEC Live";
- Zbynek Koldovsky (Technical University of Liberec) - member + audio evaluation;
- Andreas Ziehe (Fraunhofer Institute FIRST) - member + biomedical evaluation;
- Alexis Benichoux (IRISA)- web administrator;
- 2010: Second community-based Signal Separation Evaluation Campaign (SiSEC 2010)
- 2008: First community-based Signal Separation Evaluation Campaign (SiSEC 2008)
- 2007: Stereo Audio Source Separation Evaluation Campaign (SASSEC2007)